Diamond Jubilee Celebrates 60 years of Storytelling in South Carolina
Join SCETV for the Diamond Jubilee event—an afternoon celebration and a behind-the-scenes look at SCETV’s headquarters in Columbia, SC. This community celebration will kick off at 2 p.m. on Sunday November 11th and will continue throughout the afternoon until 5 p.m.
“We are thrilled to celebrate 60 years of storytelling—and who better to celebrate with than the strong communities that have supported us endlessly throughout those 60 years,” said Anthony Padgett, President & CEO of SCETV. “We are excited to open the doors of our station to offer individuals a glimpse of SCETVs past and present during our Diamond Jubilee event—it is important for us to share the work we do and show the community our true appreciation.”
Diamond Jubilee: Sunday Nov. 11
Kick off the Diamond Jubilee festivities on Sunday, Nov. 11 with a family-friendly party featuring:
- Tours of our television and radio studios for behind-the-scenes glimpses into the broadcasting world.
- Popular SCETV and PBS characters, including Smart Cat, Daniel Tiger, Clifford, Princess Presto, Super Why, Sid the Science Kid and Word Girl
- A kids’ Diamond Jubilee scavenger hunt. Solve the clues and collect a prize!
- Raffle prize opportunities. Enter to WIN tickets to Daniel Tiger Neighborhood Live and James Taylor/Bonnie Raitt.
- Meet and Great stations with Local SCETV talent: Making It Grow host Amanda McNulty, Expeditions host Patrick McMillan, SC’s Naturalist Rudy Mancke, SCETV's Director of Cultural Programming Beryl Dakers and SC Public Radio's Walter Edgar’s Journal host Dr. Walter Edgar.
- Interactive storytelling for children with Aunt Pearlie Sue.
- Yoga and meditation practice with Yoga In Practice host Stacey Milner-Collins.
- SCETV storytelling booth, where you can tell your story about how SCETV has impacted you, your community and your family.
- Local food truck vendors providing everything from BBQ from Doko Smoke Barbeque, to Mexican fare from Cha Chas, Columbian Arepas from Mary’s Arepas, to a sweet gelato treat from Scoopy Doo Gelato or Chillin Cow for their signature ice cream nachos.
- ETV Endowment membership opportunities that allow you to continue to support SCETV local programming and storytelling for 60 more years!
While at the event enjoy SCETV giveaways, coloring sheets and interactive treats, like face painting from Julia Jones with Emerald’s Artistry, for the kids. The event is free and will take place from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. at 1041 George Rogers Blvd.
“Welcoming the community in to learn more about SCETV’s history and impact on the state of South Carolina is our goal —we hope to see you all there as #scetvturns60,” said Anthony Padgett.