The highly competitive ETV Endowment Internship program for college students has been in existence since 1980. At least seven internships, all funded by the ETV Endowment of South Carolina, are available with SCETV and South Carolina Public Radio each summer. Interns work ten 40-hour weeks in a professional department. The weekly salary is $300 and beginning and ending dates are flexible. Assignments will be based on the needs of SCETV and SC Public Radio.
2017 interns (top to bottom, left to right)
Keenan Hunt (Making It Grow); Haley Kelner (Radio); Tara Lenertz (Content); Imani-Grace King (Digital Media); Makayla Gay (Radio); Coby C. Hennecy, Executive Director, ETV Endowment; Lauren Lanier (Rock Hill); John Underwood (News and Public Affairs); Linda O'Bryon, President & CEO, SCETV
Intern Selection Criteria
Who may apply?
- South Carolina residents who currently attend a college or university in South Carolina or an out-of-state college or university
- Out-of-state residents who currently attend a South Carolina college or university
- Rising juniors and seniors
What factors are considered?
- Career interest in television or radio
- Scholastic record/experience
- Participation in extra-curricular activities
- Writing skills
Applications must be submitted through the online form. Applications for 2018 internships will be accepted September 11th - December 1st. Selected interns will be announced March 2018.