While there are many trust types, the most common trusts used to make a legacy gift are Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Lead Trusts. Please consult with your advisors to explore what may better suit your needs.
Charitable Remainder Trust
A Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) is an attractive strategy for making a planned gift to the ETV Endowment that also allows for annual income for you or your family. You make a gift of cash, marketable securities or real estate to the trust and, in return, the trust provides payments to you and/or your beneficiaries for a lifetime or a specific term. Remaining funds become a gift to the ETV Endowment when the trust ends.
- Payments vary depending on investment performance
- You select payment frequency
- Payments may be higher than stock dividends
- Capital gains may be bypassed
- Charitable deduction on federal income tax in year trust is created; based on chosen payment rate
- Reduces your taxable estate in most cases
A Charitable Lead Trust (CLT) may be a good strategy if you want to make a meaningful gift to the ETV Endowment that is a tax-wise way to protect your estate for your heirs. You make a gift of cash, marketable securities or real estate to the trust and, in return, the trust provides payments to the ETV Endowment. Remaining funds are distributed to your heirs.
ETV Endowment of South Carolina, Inc.
Federal Tax ID: 57-0657549
401 E. Kennedy Street
Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Fixed payments to the ETV Endowment during the life of the trust
- You select the timing and distribution of assets to your heirs, as well as the longevity of the trust
- Charitable deduction on federal income tax
- Federal gift/estate tax deduction on income payments to the ETV Endowment may reduce taxable estate
While working overseas I enjoyed listening to classical music and talk programs online which gave me an anchor to home. I was introduced to BBC programs and, upon returning to the U.S., continued to watch them on SCETV. I listen to NPR’s Morning Edition on SC Public Radio each morning for the news. I have included ETV Endowment in my Will and contribute annually because of the programming and wishing their good work to continue.
The planned gift information presented on our site is intended to provide you with an overview of giving options. You can choose the giving option, or even a combination of gifts, that best suits you and your family’s needs. As you take steps to create your personal legacy, we recommend that you consult your attorney or financial advisor.