Retirement Plans

Whether you are participating in a company pension plan or other private plan, such as an IRA (Individual Retirement Account), you may have accumulated funds beyond your needs for the comfortable support of yourself and loved ones. Such excess funds may be given at death or during your lifetime (subject to minimum age requirements for penalty-free withdrawals). Either way, a gift from such accounts can help perpetuate the public media programming that you consider so vital for the well-being of future generations. It can be satisfying to know that the funds you carefully save over a lifetime may ultimately be put to good use now or as a part of prudent estate planning. In many retirement plans, any funds remaining in the account at death may be subject to very high taxes if left to non-charitable heirs. 

Stocks, Bonds, Securities

A gift of stocks, mutual funds or other publicly traded securities earns you an income tax charitable deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities on the date of the gift, and you will pay no capital gains on the transfer of these securities to the ETV Endowment. This can reduce the cost of making a gift or increase the amount you can afford to give. If you hold assets that have declined in value and would like to make a gift, it may be to your advantage to sell the assets and perhaps generate a deductible loss. The proceeds may then be donated as a tax-deductible contribution to the ETV Endowment, further reducing your income taxes. Learn more

Please share with your attorney or financial advisor:
ETV Endowment of South Carolina, Inc.
Federal Tax ID: 57-0657549
401 E. Kennedy Street
Suite B-1
Spartanburg, SC  29302

For more information, please contact our Director of Planned GivingRachel Chesser

The planned gift information presented on our site is intended to provide you with an overview of giving options. You can choose the giving option, or even a combination of gifts, that best suits you and your family’s needs. As you take steps to create your personal legacy, we recommend that you consult your attorney or financial advisor.