South Carolina ETV is on Demand
Beginning January 15, South Carolina ETV and South Carolina Public Radio in Charleston will be experiencing reductions in transmitter power as part of a channel conversion mandated by the FCC called "repack." Viewers may periodically go off the air for tower work to be completed. This process will be intermittent and periodic service interruptions could occur through February 28. We will keep you posted as tower work schedules are announced, and we thank you for your patience during this process. In the meantime, here are some ways to stay connected to SCETV!
You can always watch SCETV and PBS programs on-demand at SCETV.org.
Can’t get enough content?
- Watch SCETV’s quality programming online.
- Listen LIVE to SC Public Radio anytime.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Check out all of SCETV’s local content in one place.
- SC Public Radio provides content to NPR One, a mobile streaming app.
Education never stops for kids!
- Our Kids Channel is available online 24/7! You can live stream from your computer and the SCETV App.
Social media: Catch our content on the social channels.
- Like SCETV on Facebook and follow on Twitter!
- Like SC Public Radio on Facebook and follow on Twitter!
Programming at your fingertips!
Stay up-to-date in your inbox.
- Sign up to get SCETV and SC Public Radio Programming Highlights.
What is Repack?
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is authorized to repack the television band by assigning television stations to new channels. This process will pose significant challenges for SCETV and South Carolina Public Radio, and most of the broadcast industry. Repacked television stations will need to complete channel moves.
For SCETV’s engineering team, it means climbing towers up to 500 ft. high. Mark Jahnke, SCETV’s Vice President of Engineering says, “our tower climbers have been taking down old antennae off our towers. Most of the antennae that are being taken down are from analog microwave and transmission days of TV.”
The repack project will continue through 2020. To learn more: scetv.org/repack.